Group psychotherapy is one of the most common modalities for treatment of substance abuse disorders. Group therapy is defined as a meeting of two or more people for a common therapeutic purpose where participants are working through similar issues to achieve a common goal. This collaborative form of healing can focus on interpersonal relationships or on particular concerns shared by group members.
Benefits of Group Therapy During Addiction Treatment:
1. Group therapy helps you realize you're not alone.
2. Group therapy facilitates giving and receiving support.
3. Group therapy helps you find your "voice."
4. Group therapy helps you relate to others (and yourself) in healthier ways.
5. Group therapy provides a safety net.
Information provided above is courtesy of: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction and searching for an effective treatment program, connect with someone who can help you now by calling Florida Center for Recovery at our toll free number: 800-643-4005. Our recovery advisors are available 24/7 to provide you with information regarding treatment, admissions, insurance and private pay options.