Residential treatment programs offer treatment in a controlled environment where a staff of doctors and nurses provide medical care without the need for patients to leave the premises for the care they need. The length of time is set based on the patient’s medical need. In drug and alcohol treatment facilities once the patient is stabilized and has been continuously sober for about a month, based on the recommendation of the staff doctor, that individual is discharged. unlike many other medical discharges from other inpatient facilities, the patient discharged from a drug rehab facility is not considered cured. Addiction is labeled a chronic disease that has to be managed for life. Simply put the desire to do drugs never goes away and thus remains the primary reason for relapse. Having said that, the treatment plays a major role in the recovery of those struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Naturally, the type of treatment and where it is provided is a major factor in the success of the treatment. Where the treatment is delivered matters because the settings for residential addiction treatment facilities vary greatly. Some are campus-based in peaceful settings, others could be in a hospital-style facility and many resemble boarding schools, especially for teen rehab. There are some facilities that do not look like any of the above and are set up in a strip mall by a main road, which should generally be avoided. These facilities usually bus patients to different locations for different treatment. A detox may be in a hospital and therapy sessions may be in a different location and residential facilities could be in rental apartments housing the patients at the end of the day.
Since many struggling individuals need inpatient/residential addiction treatment, especially those who need intensive treatment or were unsuccessful with previous outpatient treatments finding a reputable center is of the most importance.
As a guide, below is a list of treatment options that reputable Residential addiction treatment centers offer and should be sought when looking for one.
- Comprehensive diagnostic evaluations
- A safe and secure live-in environment where individuals can focus entirely on their recovery
- Detoxification services for drug and alcohol addiction
- An on-site, multidisciplinary team offering highly individualized services and treatment programs
- Treatment for co-occurring mental health issues
- Evidence-based treatment focused on integrated and interdisciplinary care
- A therapeutic community providing the emotional support needed to get well
- The ability to build or rebuild life skills
- Specialty treatment for Psychological Trauma including First Responders/Military Program
- Women’s group with Pregnant Women Programs
- Psychoeducational groups
- Behavioral management
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to treat personality and behavioral disorders, depression and chronic suicide
- Group therapy
- Drug therapy to treat certain emotional or mental disorders
- Movement, art, and music therapy for emotional disorders
- Medication management
- Peer-cultural groups and activities
- Family education programs, provided evenings or weekends
- Maintenance and wellness programs
- Sports and Recreational Activities
- After treatment support
We at Florida Center For Recovery (FCR) hope if you or your loved one are in need of residential addiction treatment, you consider our facility, located on 12 private acres in the central part of Florida, as an option. With 72 beds in two separate buildings to treat both man and women, ages 18 and older, a serene and therapeutic environment awaits those who want therapy away from their usual people and places for a lasting recovery. In our facility, each client has a semi-private room and bathroom with shower, access to playing and reading spaces, a restaurant-style dining room, a gym, basketball and volleyball court plus a number of outdoor green spaces.
After a diagnostic assessment by our medical and clinical team, an individualized treatment plan is developed to address the client’s particular needs. Inpatient treatment focuses on quickly resolving serious and life-threatening issues with the goal of releasing a patient to a step-down level of care. Our expert clinicians draw upon years of experience to treat addiction and related mental health issues effectively and in a timely manner.
Florida Center for Recovery’s commitment to excellence in client care is measured through positive outcomes from the history of patient improvement and satisfaction.
For more information about our rehab programs, you may also check on our online booklet Florida-Center-for-Recovery-Booklet for a better insight into our diverse comprehensive therapies.
Florida Center for Recovery
Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Recovery
Dr. Balta is the Medical Director at FCR for more than 10 years. Dr. Balta is Board Certified in Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, Certified Psychoanalyst. As well, as having Psychiatric Training at The Albert Einstein School of Medicine Psychiatric Residency Program In New York City and Psychoanalytic Training at The William Alanson White Institute in New York City. While working in New York City, gained funding Grants for the treatment of Substance Abuse Disorders from SAMHSA , HRSA and the City of New York.